Optimist, Laser, RS Aero, Tasar, 505's, and any other class with at least five boats are welcome to apply.
Please register as early as possible to help the grow the event! Contact CYC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or logistics concerns.
Seattle Laser Fleet sponsorship of this event has provided the following:
- Half-price registration for juniors
- Free registration for out of state registrants
Notice of Race (pdf)
Sailing Instructions (when available)
Class Breaks | Results (when available)
On the Water
- 1000 – 1030 Check in (required prior to racing)
- 1030 – 1045 Competitor's briefing
- 1115 – 1145 Practice starts (when available)
- 1200 First warning signal
- After racing Party at clubhouse with meal available*
- 1015 – 1045 Practice starts (when available)
- 1100 First warning signal
- 1600 No warning signal after this time
- After racing Awards party at clubhouse
Courses will typically be windward / leeward and may include gates, offsets, and gybe marks. A target of at least four and up to six races may be sailed each day with a typical race duration of 20 to 60 minutes
A boat's series score will be the total of her race scores, except that a boat's worst score will be excluded if six or more races are completed. This changes RRS A2.1. One race will constitute a series.
90 minutes for the first boat in class and for other boats 30 minutes after the first boat that sails the course. Other Provisions:
- Notice of Race amended by CYC Notice of Race Addendum.
- Competitors must check in at CYC clubhouse prior to racing.
- Juniors registered with the NWYRC will receive points for the NWYRC Winter Series in accordance with the series guidelines. Adult competitors will be removed from the standings when allocating points.
Awards at party for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in class.
- Centerboard (Double+) $60 (Junior $30)
- Centerboard (Single) $40 (Junior $20)
- Traveling from out of State $0*
February 21, 2018 (Thursday). (Note Registrations accepted at the discretion of the race committee after the deadline may be assessed a $20 late fee.)
Off the Water
Dinner is available for $10 at the CYC Clubhouse on Saturday after racing.