CYC Families -
The start of our summer juniors program has been delayed due to COVID-19 and state orders but, we are excited to share that we will be making every effort to get as many kids as we can sailing this summer. We are moving forward with all plans to support summer camps, summer racing and Family Fun Nights. In compliance with state orders and to ensure activities can include all the elements that make them great, we have decided resuming most activities in Phase 3 makes sense. Our best guess for King County being in Phase 3 is mid-July. We continue to monitor the situation closely and remain optimistic.
We are excited to share the summer with the kids and families that make this program great. Some activities have been expanded to include non-sailing siblings too!
- Summer Camps – Starting in phase 3 –We are excited to offer camps supporting kids of all skill levels including beginners.
- For those affected by cancellations the weeks of July 6 and 13, we will be rescheduling into August camps and offering penalty-free cancellations. Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6/26. Starting 6/27, the office will re-schedule campers to August with priority given to early registrants.
- Summer Racing – It is time to go sailing! - US sailing has confirmed they plan to run races in August and September! Bellingham Youth Regatta, JAM Regatta, Junior Olympics, and Octoberfest and Opti Champs are all still scheduled to run. We are ready to get the team together and start practicing June 30.
- The coaching fee for the summer season is $325 for CYC members and $375 for nonmembers. Registration is open through July 5 and available here
- Coaching fees include: Tuesday and Thursday evening coaching for the season, coaching and support at regattas.
- Opti coaching will be available Wednesdays with 5 or more registered participants.
- Friday Family Fun Nights – Youth-lead instruction with food and fun! – new entertainment is available for non-sailing siblings so the whole family can enjoy the club.
- “Dry-Dock” entertainment in the clubhouse for non-sailing siblings and for when the weather doesn’t permit sailing. Our goal is to make Fridays a truly dependable, rain or shine event for the whole family.
- There will be two sessions each Friday evening with start times at 4:00 and 6:00. We encourage kids under 10 to attend the 4pm session but feel free to attend the session that makes sense for you and your family.
What to expect next:
- volunteer sign-up for cooking/grilling, ice-cream scoopers, and other ways to volunteer
- dock work party
- boat preparation work party
- survey to help us finalize details for Friday Nights to maximize fun.
On behalf of Corinthian Yacht Club and the Juniors program, we could not be more excited to be sailing with all of you very soon! If you have any questions, we are happy to help and can be reached at email@example.com
Very best regards,
Vice Commodore, Junior Committee Chair