CYC Seattle is restarting our 2020 Lake and Sound racing programs on Tuesday, July 7th. The intent is to stage safe, responsible and enjoyable races, while staying compliant with State and County regulations and recommendations.
Consistent with the RRS, boat owners and crews participate voluntarily and at their own risk. The club will endeavor to provide a safe racing environment for everyone.
The following are the criteria the Summer Series on both the Lake and Sound will operate under.
- The club requires ALL participating skippers to review, sign and return a US Sailing-sanctioned liability and release waiver the to the club office in a timely fashion, but no later than the completion of the Summer Series (download waiver).
- ALL skippers are required to maintain an accurate Contact List, which can be made available to the RC upon request. This is a CRITICAL component of maintaining our Contact Tracing compliance.
- Appropriate social distancing and mask compliance is the responsibility of all skippers and crew. CYC staff is not responsible for monitoring compliance but flagrant ignoring of State and County guidelines will be considered ground s for DSQ.
- All races are limited to single and doublehanded participation and scoring. Any participant that races with more than 2 crew will NOT be scored.
- The club retains the right to alter these guidelines on short notice, including postponing races, as situations warrant.
The guiding principle of these rules and recommendations is to stage safe and fun races, within the context of the situation we all find ourselves in. Our resources, and as a result the type of races we will be staging, will be different than we are all used to, but they will happen.
The Board, and your race officials and volunteers, appreciate your ongoing patience, and support in these challenging times. CYC Sailing will go on! See you on the water!
CYC Race Fleet Captain/PHRF-NW Handicapper