Resolution of the Board of Directors of Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle electing Jonathan McKee as an Honorary Life Member.
WHEREAS, Jonathan McKee has been an active member of Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle (CYC) since 1990 and an exemplary representative of the sport of corinthian sailboat racing through his activities, including:
- Gold medal winner at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics in the Flying Dutchman Class
- Bronze medal winner at the 2000 Olympics in the 49er Class
- World Champion in 49er, Flying Dutchman, Melges 24 (3 times), and Tasar (4 times)
- Coach of US Sailing Olympic Team in 1992 where the US team medaled in 9 of 10 classes.
- Crewed on two America’s Cup challenges
- Accomplished distance sailor, competing in the Volvo Ocean Race, Mini Transat, and winning the Race to Alaska (R2AK) in 2022
- College All American
- Regular contributor to Sailing World
- Selected to the National Sailing Hall of Fame in 2022
- Continues to successfully compete, often with his wife Libby, and cruise
WHEREAS, through the actions noted above and many more unlisted, Jonathan McKee has been and continues to represent CYC and the sport of sailing at its finest, be it declared that Jonathan McKee is elected an Honorary Life Member of Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle by unanimous vote of the Board of Directors.