Join fellow CYC cruisers in Poulsbo on the 3rd of July, with family fun, food and great fireworks. A variety of food and entertainment await you along the waterfront. The evening fireworks will light up Liberty Bay with colorful displays for all to enjoy. For those who cannot get away during the week, or want a full fireworks and festivals experience, join us for the pre-function fireworks and fairs in Bremerton/Port Orchard on June 30-July 1.
Choose one or both parts when you register...
Part 1: Bremerton/Port Orchard Prefunction
June 30 - July 1: Start the Independence Day holiday early on June 30th, with the Second Annual Bremerton Bridge Blast. Yes, Fireworks from a bridge instead of a barge. Waterfalls of light, people! Reserve your spot in Port Orchard Marina and then take the foot ferry to Bremerton for their downtown street fair. The Air Show starts at 8:30 followed by the fireworks around 10. On Sunday, July 1st, potluck breakfast in the marina and then Port Orchard is alive with it’s own street fair, car show and dinghy derby (handmade only!) More info at: bremertonbridgeblast.com and www.fathomsofun.org
Part 2: Fireworks at Anchor in Poulsbo
July 2nd-3rd: Join fellow CYC cruisers in Poulsbo on the 3rd of July, with family fun, food and great fireworks. A variety of food and entertainment await you along the waterfront. The evening fireworks will light up Liberty Bay with colorful displays for all to enjoy. We will begin forming a raft up on July 2nd. On July 3rd, join us for potluck dinner and evening fireworks. For further information about the festival visit www.vikingfest.org
BEFORE YOU GO
If you're attending the Bremerton/Port Orchard prefunction, reserve your slip now in Port Orchard Marina (mention CYC Seattle so they can place us together).
Once you’ve docked your boat with the fleet in Port Orchard, take the foot ferry to Bremerton for many enjoyable options:
- Tour the USS Turner Joy (10am - 5pm) and/or visit the Puget Sound Navy Museum (10 am - 4 pm)
- The Street Fair at the Louis Mentor Boardwalk just across Manette Bridge runs from noon until 10:30 PM, with live entertainment, art and food vendors.
- Bring your blanket or beach chair and gather on shore with CYC for the Air Show (begins 8:30 pm) and the Bridge Blast Fireworks (begins 10:15 pm)
Spend the day in Port Orchard before heading home or on to Poulsbo for the July 3rd fireworks raft up.
CYC Breakfast/Brunch Potluck - around 9:30 am
Then on to Port Orchard’s waterfront celebration called Fathoms of Fun:
Make your way casually to Poulsbo (12 NM from Pt. Orchard or 16 NM from Seattle).
- Look for the oversized CYC burgee to raft up with us when you get there.
- Text or call Jenny at 206-384-0053 if you need help finding us.
- Join fellow CYC cruisers for drinks, dessert (and games?) around 7:30pm
- Dinghy to Poulsbo for Viking Fest, which includes music, food and crafts booths (schedule coming soon). Noon-10 pm
- Come on back for a Dinner Potluck at 6 pm.
- Prizes for: Best method to hang a hammock, most patriotic dinghy, most creative way to serve a potluck dish.
- Fireworks begin at 10:15pm.
For those arriving on Tuesday: Text or call Jenny at 206-384-0053 if you need help finding us. If we’re not there to direct you, please help us keep the biggest boats in the center, smaller boats outside and get anchors set in both directions. Please work with whoever is on board to rearrange boats as needed.
THOSE GUYS J-35